Subscribe now using your favorite service:
This week, Trade Secrets is all about the fam -- fam, or familiarization, trips, that is! Hosts Emma Weissmann and Jamie Biesiada are joined by Theresa Chu-Bermudez, owner of Get Out! Custom Travels, co-host of the Tin Lounge Podcast and the creator of Fam with Intention. They talk about all of the ins and outs of fams: how to find them, how to prepare for them, what to do on a fam, and what to do after the trip is over.
This episode is sponsored by Air France-KLM.
Tyson Wharton, owner and founder of Sioux Empire Travel, and his fam trip do's and don'ts:
- Be on time and on schedule
- Dress and act professionally
- Be positive, helpful, mindful and respectful of other guests on the property
- Introduce yourself to your sales managers, BDMs, other travel advisors and hotel staff
- Pack a bunch of business cards
- See the place through your clients' eyes
- Be prepared -- pack comfortable shoes
- Be grateful, be kind, be awesome
- Approach other guests and try to sell them your services
- Treat this as a vacation -- it's work
- Break the rules of a site inspection
- Act a fool
- Take calls during inspections and important fam appointments, but you can work in your room or on down time if you need to
- Annoy or overwhelm your BDM, hosts or managers
Mentioned in this episode
Thanks to our friends at The Hive for helping solicit questions for this season of Trade Secrets!
Call our hotline and leave a message: (201) 902-2098
Email us: email@example.com
Sock Hop by Kevin MacLeod
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.